Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An Act of Desperation

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Tonight when we got home from work I convinced Aaron that it would "be fun" to put together the grill Sarah and Dal got us for Christmas.

I have been dying to try out the grill, and when planning meals for the week, before I went shopping last week, planned several that would include the use of said grill. However I didn't bother to look at the weather forecast, and I'm sure you are all as painfully aware as I am (now) that the weather has not been all that conducive for my BBQing purposes.

The equation in my mind goes something like this,
BBQ= Sun, Sun- cold-snow-mud+warm temperatures= happy Halley.
It was sort of the whole "Field of Dreams" approach, you know "if you build it they will come." "If you BBQ it will be warm." Still, I'm not quite sure where I went wrong...

Well I was going to post some pictures of tonight's festivities, however I went to turn the camera on only to find the batteries had died, and of course everything we own happens to operate on AAA's instead of AA's, which I swear changes every time I need batteries!!!

Urg! oh well perhaps if I'm feeling inclined tomorrow I'll go get some... I wouldn't hold my breath though.

1 comment:

Kali said...

A BBQ sounds so good! I would definitely make me happy.