Thursday, April 29, 2010

Have a great summer!

Signing yearbooks
Excitement
Shorts, T-shirts, flip flops
Swimming
Vacations
Staying up late and sleeping in
Camping
Warm nights with sleep outs
Freedom
Popsicles
Watermelon
Laziness
S'mores
Lawn mowing
Drive in Movies
BBQ's
      These are things that I used to think of on the last day of school when the teacher would say this to me. So excited and chomping at the bit for summer vacation to begin with so much to look forward too.
      I had and instructor say this to me last night as I left class. It was not exciting, it was depressing. I found myself caught by surprise by her statement. It left me thinking about snow, the impending summer semester, and sad that even though the semester was over I still had to get up and go to work tomorrow. It left me wishing I could be a kid again.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's just not the same, is it? But, most of it you can still do! And now you can stay out as late as you want and go wherever the heck you want! And you're totally allowed to makeout during the drive-in movie now. ;)

(The preview for your post on the blogger dashboard didn't take into consideration your formating, so it looked like it said "Signing yearbooks, Excitement Shorts..." I was really looking forward to what excitement shorts are. LOL!)