Monday, January 11, 2010

On your mark, get set, GO!

Deep breath, hold it,
Head down,
eyes squeezed tight
Fists clenched....


Today is the beginning of yet another semester in my college career, which admittedly is taking a lot longer that I had anticipated.

Sometimes I feel as though I am running the Kentucky Derby as I try to balance school, relationships, work, church, and regular day to day housework. I often times feel very overwhelmed, tired and out of breath. I have enjoyed it though, I have finally found a degree that "speaks" to me, and for the first time in my college career I feel like I have some direction and I am on a path that I will not only excel at but enjoy too. I am also excited because there is FINALLY an end on the horizon, not for a while mind you, but at least I know where I'm headed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Go Halley!!! I admire your dedication to school, it will for sure pay off. What are you getting your degree in?

Hope we can get together this weekend:)

halley said...

Health promotion and education